Youth Mental Health First Aid
Why Youth Mental Health First Aid?
Our Youth MHFA course is an internationally recognised course designed specifically for those people that teach, work, live with or care for young people aged 8 to 18 years and who may come into contact with young people at risk of experiencing mental distress. This training will help to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health problems, how to provide initial first aid and where to get the right help.
Not only do young people experience physical change through this time of their lives, they also try to balance their emotions and work out how they fit into society. Therefore, mental health problems are often missed in young people and the support required not provided.
Aims of this workshop:
To help participants spot the early sign of a mental health problem (such as depression, anxiety disorders, Psychosis, Substance use disorders, Eating disorders etc)
- To raise awareness and understanding of mental health problems in young people
- To build confidence to help a young person experiencing a problem
- To preserve life where a young person may be a risk to themselves or others
- To provide help on a ‘First Aid’ basis
- To reduce the affect of a mental health problem and prevent the problem escalating
- To encourage early intervention and speedier recoveries
- To provide comfort to a young person experiencing mental distress
- To know where to refer the young person to for the right on-going help
- It is designed to be interactive and participants are encouraged (if they wish) to share views and experiences.
Length of course
2 full day sessions or 4 half-day sessions
It is recommended that these 2 days are run consecutively however they can be spread across a maximum of 4 sessions. (Please note open courses are always run in 2 consecutive days).
What is included?
We provide a fully qualified, experienced trainer, all the course materials and certificates.
For in-house courses, costs or any other information please contact:-
Rural Outreach Service
Tel: 01745 812461
Become a member of
Vale of Clwyd MindEver thought about
becoming a member?
View a calendar of
all our upcoming events
Please donate to help fund our cause
North Wales & North
Powys Recovery Network
Learn more about