Suicide Alertness For Everyone (SafeTALK) is a suicide alertness programme that teaches participants to recognise persons with thoughts of suicide and connect them to suicide intervention resources. Delivered as a half-day course, SafeTALK trains suicide alert ‘helpers’ to:
- be aware that opportunities to help a person with thoughts of suicide are sometimes missed, dismissed or avoided
- recognise when someone might be having thoughts of suicide
- feel confident in listening to the person’s feelings and talk with them in an honest and direct way
- know what the local suicide intervention resources are
- act quickly to connect a person with thoughts of suicide to someone trained in suicide intervention.
SafeTALK is facilitated by an experienced trainer and incorporates discussion, practical guidance, video clips and interactive learning. SafeTALK concentrates on linking people at risk with those who have already been trained in suicide interventions. It complements (but does not replace) the longer Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) course, which provides participants with skills to do a suicide intervention.
For further information on costs, in-house courses, public courses and dates please contact:
Telephone: 01745 812461
To download a booking form please click on the link below:-
Become a member of
Vale of Clwyd MindEver thought about
becoming a member?
View a calendar of
all our upcoming events
Please donate to help fund our cause
North Wales & North
Powys Recovery Network
Learn more about