Rhyl Housing Scheme
What is the Rhyl Housing Scheme?
The scheme provides supported living, in the form of single self contained flats for people (tenants) suffering from Mental Health problems, who have continuing Health Care needs and need Tenancy related support to maintain their Home.
Aims of the Rhyl Housing Scheme
- To enable tenants to live independently in a high standard of furnished accommodation.
- To provide and help find suitable accommodation which ensures privacy, personal space and easy access to community facilities.
- To establish a high level of support on a needs led basis from the Vale of Clwyd Mind staff and Community Mental Health Team.
How to access the Rhyl Housing Scheme
Officers of Vale of Clwyd Mind, together with Officers of the Local Community Mental Health team and Housing Associations are responsible for agreeing and selecting individual applications for tenancy for the scheme and support.
Referrals are coordinated by the Denbighshire County Council Supporting People Team.
- The scheme is primarily intended as a facility for people who have experienced serious mental health problems and are known to the Secondary Mental Health.
- The scheme is intended as a facility for people who usually are capable of coping independently in the community but need some level of support to maintain their place.
It will be expected that prospective tenants will:-
a. Be willing to participate in the project programme.
b. Accept support from the Vale of Clwyd Mind support staff on a needs led basis.
The scheme would be an inappropriate placement for Users of the Service who:-
a. Have a current or recurrent alcohol problem or have a serious drug abuse problem.
b. Have a history of behaviour which would jeopardise relationships within the house or local Community.
c. Are likely to upset other tenants at night.
d. Are considered to be a danger to themselves, other people or their property.
- Referrals will be a single pathway via the Denbighshire County Council Supported People Team. However they must be known by CMHT and referred by CPN or Social Worker (care coordinator).
Community Mental Health Teams will be notified by the Manager of the Housing Scheme of any vacancies for our properties or to provide extra support to people in their own tenancy properties whether it be the Housing Association, Private or Council.
For further details, application form or to arrange and informal visit, please contact:-
Tel: 01745 813558
Become a member of
Vale of Clwyd MindEver thought about
becoming a member?
View a calendar of
all our upcoming events
Please donate to help fund our cause
North Wales & North
Powys Recovery Network
Learn more about